Antwort schreiben 
Newcastle boss Rafael Benitez faces a selection headache of the best kind on Sunday,
11.08.2018, 07:52
Beitrag: #1
Newcastle boss Rafael Benitez faces a selection headache of the best kind on Sunday,
Newcastle boss Rafael Benitez faces a selection headache of the best kind on Sunday, with two in-form strikers vying for a starting berth at Leeds. Dennis Smith Jr. Youth Jersey . Newcastle head to Elland Road looking to extend a seven-match winning run in the Sky Bet Championship, but face a Leeds side with their own lofty aspirations, having climbed into the top six before the international break. Leeds vs Newcastle November 20, 2016, 1:00pm Live on Get Sky Sports Get a Sky Sports pass The form of both sides strikers has been key, with Dwight Gayle the divisions top scorer with 11 goals, while Chris Wood has found the net eight times. However, Aleksandar Mitrovic has been making a case to be the Magpies first-choice marksman with seven goals from his last six starts for club and country, including breaking the hearts of Wales fans in earning Serbia a 1-1 draw last Thursday.Benitez will now have to decide whether to go with Mitrovic again, having started the 22-year-old last time out against Cardiff, recall the well-rested Gayle or, for the first time, start with both. Mitrovic scored for Serbia against Wales to take his tally to seven goals in his last six starts Sky Bet put the question to Sky Sports EFL pundits Peter Beagrie and David Prutton in their Facebook Live match preview...Beagrie said: Dwight Gayle for me has got to start. Hes going to be fresh, he does everything that you hate as a big centre-half, he makes great runs and theyve got the players around him to pick out those runs.I would also think he could play with a foil and Mitrovic would benefit from not having to run the channels. Mitrovic will also be helpful to come back and help defend set-pieces. Gayle has scored 11 goals so far this season Prutton said: I think the sort of liveliness that Gayle has up against the two big centre-halves, Pontus Jansson and Kyle Bartley, will cause all sorts of problems. Thats unless we get a reducer from one of the central defenders early on!I think Benitez will go with Mohamed Diame and Ayoze Perez around him and then continue to look to use Mitrovic as an impact substitute.What do you think Newcastle should do? Vote in our poll below. Also See: Pruttons predictions How good are Newcastle? Monk: Newcastle the toughest test Perez wins EFL Goal of the Month Dennis Smith Jr. Jersey .C. United on Wednesday night. Forward Bright Dike scored the games only goal in the 85th minute on a foggy night in Bradenton, Fla. Dennis Smith Jr. Blue Jersey . Anaheim Ducks Reassign D Colby Robak to Norfolk Admirals (AHL). - Team Website D Eric Brewer (foot) removed from injured reserve. http://www.mavericksteamofficial.com/den...ks-jersey/ . Olsen, who is 6-foot-3 and 305 pounds, can play either centre or guard. The 25-year-old Olsen played 16 games and made four starts in 2012 with the New Orleans Saints. MONTREAL -- A day before heading to Florida to continue training camp, the Montreal Impact picked up a new captain and a new striker. Veteran midfielder Patrice Bernier will be a popular choice to replace the departed Davy Arnaud as captain, not only because he is a local player and fluently bilingual. "Hes always very positive in his attitude around the team," sporting director Nick De Santis said Thursday. "And even in difficult times, you never see the pressure get to him. These are important things." And Santiago Gonzalez, a 21-year-old forward from the Sud America club in Uruguay, who was signed under Major League Soccers special discovery rule, could be a nice addition to a club that is thin up front. The Impact ended their first phase of camp indoors at Marie Victorin College and now move onto grass fields and warm weather in Orlando, Fla., to defend their title in the Disney Pro Soccer Classic, a pre-season tournament. Bernier, of Brossard, Que., was hoping to get the captains armband after Arnaud, their skipper for their first two MLS seasons who left for D.C. United. New coach Frank Klopas picked veterans Marco Di Vaio, Matteo Ferrari and Troy Perkins as Berniers assistants. The 34-year-old Bernier began his pro career with the Impact, then played nine seasons in Europe before returning for the clubs MLS expansion season in 2012. "Its another step in my career and a new challenge in terms of my personality and what I have to do, not just on the field, but how to interact with my teammates," said Bernier "I started off here and hopefully I end here. Now, to have the armband, its a great show of respect." Luring Bernier back from Europe was one of the Impacts most important moves while moving from the second tier NASL to MLS. It gave them a high quality midfielder who understood North American soccer but who could also relate to the many European, especially Italian, players the club brought in. Bernier has 13 goals and 16 assists in 58 games over the last two seasons. He was named the Impacts player of the year in 2012 and played in the MLS all-star game last season. Arnaud arrived with the experience and credentials to make him the logical pick as the teaams first MLS captain, and Bernier was the obvious pick to succeed him. Dennis Smith Jr. Authentic Jersey. Even while Arnaud wore the armband, Bernier was the teams most visible player in the media and out in the community. "Maybe now Ill be looked upon as the reflection of the team in what I say and what I do," he said. "Ill be the same guy as before, but maybe you have to stand out. "Its something special. In soccer, the captain is the first one to step onto the field, the first one that people see, that the referees go to for explanations or rectifications or whatever. So I cant just think of my own bubble anymore." Star striker Di Vaio had a little fun when asked about Bernier as captain. "I dont agree. I wanted to be captain," he said, before smiling and adding "No. Its good for us and its good for Patrice. Its the best thing for the team. We know that Patrice is going to be a good captain for us, for the club and for the fans." Bernier has been unable to join his teammates on the field since the first day of camp as he heals from surgery on Dec. 11 to fix loose cartilage in his right knee. He expects to resume full training in Florida. Also on the pitch in Orlando will be Gonzalez, who was in Montreal and was to make the flight with a team after undergoing a medical exam. De Santis said that as a special discovery player, the club can amortize the five-foot-eight forwards costs over several years, so that his salary cap hit stays between $125,000 and $150,000. He is also not a designated player, which leaves one DP spot open for a future signing. Di Vaio and Argentine midfielder Hernan Bernardello are the teams DPs. "Hes going to bring a new dynamic to the team," said De Santis. "Theres a question of adaptation because its the first time he leaves his country to play professional soccer, so we need to be patient with him. But hes got a lot for good qualities." De Santis also denied reports from Italy that Pablo Piatti of Valencia and Stefano Mauri of Lazio would be joining the Impact, saying hes had no contact with either club. He said he may still sign another player "if we can add an important piece to get you to the next level." Cheap Chargers Jerseys Cheap Rams Jersey Cheap Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Vikings Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jersey Cheap Saints Jerseys Cheap New York Giants Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Cheap Eagles Jerseys Cheap Steelers Jerseys Cheap 49ers Jerseys Cheap Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Titans Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys ' ' '
Alle Beiträge dieses Benutzers finden
Diese Nachricht in einer Antwort zitieren
Antwort schreiben 

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste

Kontakt | regenwarner | Nach oben | Zum Inhalt | Archiv-Modus | RSS-Synchronisation